Friday, January 20, 2012

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 338
Received: Bought own copy

Release Date: November 15, 2011
Buy From Amazon

Goodreads Synopsis:

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

My Review:

This is another novel that I wish I had read right away. I had to stay up all night because I refused to stop reading it as soon as I started. Tahereh Mafi's writing is like poetry, it's different from what I've read before and that's what makes it so amazing. I found she took my breath away with her writing, she did an amazing job of describing everything that happened to Juliette, and she really makes you feel what Juliette is feeling throughout. I honestly had shivers reading this book it was that awesome!

Her descriptions are absolutely amazing with passages like:

All I know is the sound of boots pounding the pavement, the screech of tires peeling out of underground storage units, alarms wailing in our wake.

The words she uses in these passages are so descriptive, she really makes you feel like you are there hearing all of this.

This book is non-stop action right from the beginning. Tahereh Mafi describes everything to really make the reader feel like they are right there in the action. And then the steamy scenes between Adam and Juliette, all I can say is OH MY! I'm pretty sure I was falling in love myself, and I mean I don't know how I didn't faint from the heat coming off those pages!

I really loved getting to know the characters throughout the novel, Tahereh Mafi really lets you inside the characters minds, and you come to understand what they are about.

I love that the ending is not a heart-stopping cliffhanger, it does not leave you with too many questions, but it still leaves you wanting more right away. I do not want to wait for the sequel, I need to know what happens next! 

2 comments:

  1. I loved the ending of this book! It was so perfect!!

    Also I may have to kidnap Adam <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when an author throws you right into the action, and then keeps the action high. Thank you for the info about the ending. I'm so relieved to heard this one doesn't have a pull-your-hair-out cliffhanger. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...