Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Review: Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts

Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Pages: 384
Received: Received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley

Release Date: September 17, 2013
Buy From Amazon.ca / Buy From Chapters.ca /
Buy From BookDepository.com

Goodreads Synopsis:

A novel about the end of days full of surprising beginnings 

The world is living in the shadow of oncoming disaster. An asteroid is set to strike the earth in just one week’s time; catastrophe is unavoidable. The question isn’t how to save the world—the question is, what to do with the time that's left? Against this stark backdrop, three island teens wrestle with intertwining stories of love, friendship and family—all with the ultimate stakes at hand.

Alexandra Coutts's TUMBLE & FALL is a powerful story of courage, love, and hope at the end of the world.

My Review:

This book has had a lot of press around it and has been very hyped up, these types of books are always scary because what if you don't like the book... And I will say this will be a difficult review to write because I'm still unsure of my feelings with this story.

I had a hard time getting through this, the way the characters acted at times was over the top and I had trouble following the story. This story follows the lives of three people as the world is ending and how they spend what they believe to be their last days alive. Each of these three characters have issues and are trying to get through life day by day. None of the characters were very likeable but it was interesting to see how the end o f the world changes their outlook.

What I got from this story is to live life to the fullest, tell those around you that you love them and just have fun. This book left me thinking a lot about the things that happened and how each of the three characters dealt with life. Though following the story is difficult the end result really makes this story worth it. Alexandra Coutts has written something that if you stick with it makes you think about your own life.

Honestly, I was completely ready to give up on this book, there are parts where the teens make decisions that made me want to hit them and say think through things better. I wanted to yell at them at how they were allowing themselves to be treated in some situations and how they treated others. But by the end this book is about forgiveness and living life to the fullest, as well as loving as much as you can. I think that the story is kind of okay but what you as a reader will get out of the story makes this a beautiful and thoughtful read!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear this book was worth it in the end - I was starting to get nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...