Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Today's topic for Armchair BEA is some of the best books you've read this year, and what books you think will be amazing that will be at BEA. I've read so many amazing books already this year, it's hard to pick just a few.
I have found among YA authors vampire/werewolf books have become the norm so often it's hard to find a different book, but this year I definitely found that.
First with Ada Adams' book REVAMPED , it was such a different take on vampires. There was a lot of great humour and Ada had amazing characters (and a great storyline). Check out my review here. Then came HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock. All I can say is Bravo! (and lets add in that Kathleen is Canadian! Love supporting my Canadian authors). The idea of werewolves were definitely changed. Kathleen added in a great mix of mystery, horror and romance to the story, I can't wait to see where she takes her characters in the next book! Check out my review of HEMLOCK here.
Since I've started blogging I've read a lot more YA books than adult, but there have still been the few adult titles that I have read and my favourite by far this year was FORGOTTEN by Catherine McKenzie. Again this is another Canadian author, her books take me back to my taste before I started blogging, the cute and funny chick lit books. FORGOTTEN had such an interesting storyline that I couldn't say no to picking it up. Trust me this book will not disappoint! Here's my review.
The BEA books I'm really hoping will not disappoint are THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray (I read her Gema Doyle series awhile ago and remember enjoying it quite a bit, and this new one sounds incredible), THE NEXT BEST THING by Jennifer Weiner (seriously I adore Jennifer Weiner books, when does she ever dissapoint?!), ADAPTATION by Malinda Lo, CARNIVAL OF SOULS by Melissa Marr, PRODIGY by Marie Lu (loved LEGEND and I'm so excited to see what happens next), SKYLARK by Meagan Spooner and honestly my list could go on.
Can't wait to check out some other favourite books, hopefully lots that I can add to my TBR pile!
Posted by Andrea @ Cozy Up at 9:00 AM
- Review: Intangible by J. Meyers
- Winner of The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze!
- Armchair BEA Introductions Post!
- Review: Amped by Daniel H. Wilson
- Armchair BEA: Best of 2012
- Armchair BEA: Positive Book Blogging Experience
- Review: Every Day Every Hour by Natasa Dragnic
- Review: Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
- Review: Chosen Ones by Tiffany Truitt
- Review: Gold by Chris Cleave
- Review: The Reckoning by Alma Katsu
- Review: Timepiece by Myra McEntire
- Cover Reveal! All the Broken Pieces by Cindi Madse...
- Review: This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers
- Review: The Red House by Mark Haddon
- Review: Virals by Kathy Reichs
- Review: The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walk...
- Review: Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fales-Hill
- Review: Secret Letters by Leah Scheier
- ▼ June (19)
- ► 2013 (176)
- ► 2014 (97)
I am an Amazon Affiliate and Book Depository Affiliate. This means that when you click on the link and buy the book from Amazon/Book Depository I get a percentage back. This will help me to host more giveaways for you.
Powered by Blogger.